CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER - March, 2015 to present
INFORMATICS MANAGER - November, 2006 to March, 2015
GIS SPECIALIST - December, 2004 to November, 2006
Tesera Systems Inc.
- Informatics lead on Insurance Bureau of Canada Municipal Risk Assessment Tool (MRAT) project. Responsible for data model, database, GIS based risk indicators, and portal / system design and integrating the feedback of multi-disciplinary team into technical solution.
- GIS lead on Regional Municipality of Fort Wood Buffalo (Fort McMurray) GIS Needs Assessment and Implementation plan. Developed action stream orientated needs assessment resulting in the decision to move from Intergraph to ESRI Enterprise License Agreement and repurpose staff into new service delivery model. Other actions ongoing.
- Technical lead on the Alberta Water and Environment Hub (WE-Hub) designing and managing the implementation of a social network based data sharing and exchange hub.
- Designed and oversaw development of a prototype access management web application for Cenovus. Managed the data collection and QA/QC for the development of a 2010 motorized access network for Cenovus in CFB Suffield.
- Designed and managed the development of the Alberta Water Research Institute Water Data Module – a search tool leveraging a OGC GIS application stack and PHP.
- Designed and managed the development of the Web-Based State of the Watershed Reporting module integrating an indicator management backend with a front end map spatial client and integrated CMS.
- Designed and implemented a community based information portal (Alberta WaterPortal) with WaterSMART and IBM Canada. As technical lead designed and integrated GIS and other open source tools using web services and OGC standards.
- Geomatics lead for Environmental Impact Assessments and Cumulative Effects Assessments (EnCana Corp., Luscar Ltd.)
- Landscape visualizations – Ski hill (Compton Petroleum), Forestry (Spray Lake Sawmills), Oil and Gas (PetroCan)
- Viewshed analysis – South Saskatchewan River Valley (EnCana Corp.)
- Developed web-based data portal for the city of San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Developed the Bow River Basin Council’s mapping and analysis requirements for their 2005 report Nurture, Renew, Protect: A Report on the State of the Bow River Basin.
- Created an a customized ArcIMS tool for the Bow River Basin Council’s members and partners allowing them to view the data used for the report as well as live link to dynamic data such as water quality and stream flow data and access dynamic metadata.
- Developed an Open Source web-mapping application based on open source technologies including PHP, MySQL, MapServer, and MapLab as a proof on concept for the BRBC.
- Updated and configured an information system for the Nakoda Emergency Medical Services allowing them to use up to date spatial information, housing points, and GPS to navigate to emergencies on Nakoda Nation land.
- Performed various mapping and GIS tasks for Trees Inc, URSUS and Spray Lakes Sawmills.
BACHELOR OF EARTH SCIENCE | Degree Specializations – GIS and Remote Sensing | 1999 – 2004 University of Calgary – Calgary, Alberta
- Proficient with ESRI GIS software including ArcInfo and ArcGIS.
- Expert with business analytics, user-centric design processes, process modeling.
- Expert with data design and management.
- Proficient with many software packages and desktop environments.
- Experienced in design and architecture of integrated Geomatics applications.
- Experienced leading agile software development teams.
- Expert in implementing and administering Open Source web-mapping technologies including GeoServer, PostGreSQL, PostGIS.
- Experienced with Open Sources web application technologies and frameworks.
- Proficient in GIS modeling and analysis.
OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS
- Working knowledge of the environmental review process for oil / gas pipeline construction in Alberta.
- Relevant domain area expertise and understanding in many natural science disciplines.
- Working multimedia and web development experience.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with clients and staff of all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with a good capacity for multitasking and independent work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.