DIRECTOR, BUSINESS SOLUTIONS - March, 2015 to present
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT - October, 2011 to March, 2015
Calgary, Alberta and Hua Hin, Thailand
Tesera Systems Inc.
- Coordinate and support strategic planning and business development within Tesera. Undertake the ongoing development of the Tesera Business Development Strategy in conjunction with Tesera staff.
- Identify and manage strategic planning and business development projects and initiatives that strengthen the competitiveness of Tesera, and collectively improve the overall utilization of its staff and expertise. Coordinate these planning and business development activities with a specific emphasis on leveraging strategic industry sectors, technologies, markets, and clients.
- Evaluate and support new business development programs and proposals that are opportunistic, but that also have a long-term perspective re: strategic private-sector business relationships, and are consistent with Tesera policies and procedures. Facilitate and negotiate contract terms and conditions consistent with Tesera standard operating procedures.
- Identify and support the preparation of new Requests for Proposals, Expressions of Interest, and other related proposals for work.
- Identify and establish new public-private sector partnerships, and collaborate with other Tesera team members to ensure effective implementation and support of these partnerships.
- Influence and advise public, voluntary and private sector organizations on policies and programs that relate to Tesera, and identify new opportunities for growth in the area of sustainable development.
- Act and advocate on behalf of domain experts in Tesera in preparing and/or contributing to relevant regional, national and international initiatives and project opportunities.
Executive Director/Secretary, 2006 – 2011
Alberta WaterSMART, Calgary, Alberta
- Secretary of the Alberta Society for Sustainable Water Management and Related Technologies (Alberta WaterSMART).
- Executive Director of the Alberta WaterPortal project.
- Project manager for the SEAWA and BRBC web-based State of the Watershed projects, the Alberta Water Research Institute's Water Data Module, and the Alberta Water Entrepreneur and Technology (WET) Centre.
- Research and editor of the report "Water Management in Southern Alberta: Key Opportunities for Water Storage, Allocation, Flood and Drought Management" (2010). Co-author of the "Sustainable Water Management and Economic Development in Alberta" report for Alberta Economic Development Authority (AEDA) Sustainable Development Committee (2009). Author of the "Alberta Water Technology Roadmap" study for Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry (2008).
Owner / Associate, 2006 – Present / 2015
Stuf2 Inc./SpringBank TechVentures, Calgary, Alberta
- Founder of stuf2 incorporated, a Calgary-based firm focused on research, analysis, graphic design, printing and web support for small and medium business organizations.
- Associate at SpringBank TechVentures, a Calgary-based venture capital fund investing in technology startup companies. Analysis and management of the Fund's deal flow, market and technical research and due diligence, administration and technical support, investee company support and research. Alberta VenturePrize judge for 2006-2010, and a judge for the Alberta Student Technology Innovation Contest. Project management and web support for three successful Wireless Connections conferences.
Director, Strategic Development and Integration, 1998 - 1999
Metronet Communications, Calgary, Alberta
- Responsible for research and development of the corporate, business and market sections of the MetroNet Financial Prospectus, successfully raising over $3 billion in funding.
Market and Product Management, 1987 - 1998
TELUS, Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta
- Measuring, analyzing and forecasting market trends and key performance indicators, strategically positioning and managing the TELUS portfolio of basic and enhanced long distance and local services. He developed all of the organization’s CRTC demand and revenue, and market share forecasts and analysis during the period 1994-1998.
Bachelor of Commerce, 1987
University of Alberta, Edmonton
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, 1979
- Research and Analysis: markets, competition and technology
- Business Development and Support
- Demand and Revenue Forecasting and Analysis
- Project Management
- Business, Market and Sales Plan Development
- Advanced web and computer skills, expert with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Website development and management
- Results oriented perspective and team player
- Alumni member of the Canadian Olympic, Commonwealth, Pan American and World Championship Swim teams.