SYSTEMS DEVELOPER - November, 2015 to present
Tesera Systems Inc.
- Implement and optimize data heavy workflows.
- Develop programs to manipulate millions of lines of data.
- Maintain and update internal and client facing applications.
- Work in a "devops and development" capacity.
Project Architect and Developer - 2012 to October, 2015
- Follow Agile workflow from requirements to implementation to support.
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements.
- Coordinate with business team to create accurate user stories.
- Work with business and development teams to implement accurate scenarios and to organize into feasible releases.
- Utilized multiple applications servers with load balancers to improve performance.
- Audit and improve legacy Java WebObjects applications.
- Write bash, perl and ruby scripts to automate deployment and maintenance tasks.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Java and WebObjects applications.
- Implemented TDD & BDD on our legacy codebase, implement TeamCity CI server.
- Implemented new features on a separate project, integrating with legacy applications.
- Integrate with internal and vendor APIs for data processing.
Web Application Developer & Web Infrastructure Administrator - 2010 to 2012
- Developer on SidekickCRM using PHP, MongoDB, Coffeescript and KnockoutJS.
- Maintain, update and monitor servers (Rackspace).
- Maintain and update customer web sites.
Web Application Developer - 2008 to 2010
- Develop websites and portals using Apache, PHP, MySQL, Linux, shell scripts.
- IT support for windows based network with Linux Domain Controller, Samba file sharing, barcode scanners & VOIP phones.
- Detailed requirements analysis for new web portal to company inventory system.
Computer Analyst Programmer, January 2009 to June 2012
Red River College, Winnipeg MB
- SDEC - Winter, 2012
- Code PaLOUsa - Spring, 2014
Deep technical experience in open source platforms, tools, virtualization technologies, open source application migration, application lifecycle management, application / database design.
- Planning: Agile Software Development, Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration
- Tools: ssh, sublime, vim, zsh, bash, make, capistrano, knockoutjs, SASS, nvm, rvm
- Environments: Linux, Apache, Nginx, Java WebObjects, *SQL, SQLite, MongoDB
- Services: AWS, Rackspace, DigitalOcean, Twilio, etc.