AMANDA (Mandy) Ferrari
SYSTEMS ENGINEER - March, 2014 to present
Tesera Systems Inc.
Experienced in software development and quality assurance, data processing and application problem solving. Combined with a background in Global Navigation Satellite Systems and GIS, enables Mandy to approach tasks from multiple points of view. Expertise in test-driven development and agile software development methods. Mandy is skillful at developing both web and desktop applications.
Software Developer, EIT, August 2012 to March 2014
Talus Technologies – Calgary, Alberta
- Primary developer on many projects and main contact for the client.
- Deployed new versions directly to the client.
- Created build scripts and monitored builds.
Quality Assurance Technician, EIT, March 2011to August 2012
Mentor Engineering – Calgary, Alberta
- Performed patch and release testing on software.
- Performed weekly testing on newly developed features.
- Developed test plans and carried them out.
- Used C# to develop testing tools.
- Attended development meetings and demos to identify potential problems.
- Followed the Agile development cycle.
GPS Systems, EIT, August 2010 to March 2011
Caltech Surveys Ltd. – Calgary, Alberta
- Solely responsible for the development of the position.
- Used Topcon Tools to process static data and convert local coordinates to UTM.
- Familiarity with field software to troubleshoot with field crews when having technical problems.
- Used MicroSurvey to transform one survey to overlap another.
- Assisted in developing and processing a static control network.
BSc in Geomatics Engineering – University of Calgary, 2010
Training and Certifications
- First Degree Black Belt, International Taekwon-Do Federation
- Engineer in Training, APEGA
- 2009-2010 President, Geomatics Engineering Student Society