PRODUCT MANAGER - March, 2015 to present
GIS MANAGER - November, 2005 to March, 2015
SENIOR GIS ANALYST - July, 2001 to November, 2005
Tesera Systems Inc.
- Project management, client liaison, and budget estimation.
- Business development and proposal writing.
- Completed MS Access and GIS analyses for sustainable forest management indicators (current and projected) for the Morice & Lakes Innovative Forest Practice Agreement (IFPA).
- Increased efficiency and consistency by developing and implementing internal GIS quality assurance procedures, checklists and standard operating procedures.
- ArcGIS instructor teaching hands on introduction to ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcToolbox to clients with a limited technical knowledge in GIS.
- Experience with diverse datasets from a broad range of government, industry and other non-government organizations and well versed with varied data formats - .dgn, .dxf, coverages, shapefiles and geodatabases.
- GIS resolutions for problems encountered when working with large datasets (hundreds of data layers covering 1.5 million ha); developed alternative processing methodology in situations where software and hardware limits are reached.
- Data modeling and development of project specific AML and Python programs for numerous analyses.
GIS Technician (September, 2000 – July, 2001)
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd., Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
- Responsible for data management of all GIS data for RIC standard reconnaissance level stream inventories (Phase 1-6) projects within Region 5 and Region 6 Watershed Groups.
- Responsible for quality assurance of all GIS data and related Field Data Information System (FDIS) databases, and both digital and hard copy maps for RIC standard reconnaissance level stream inventories (Phase 1-6) projects.
- Conducted data conversions and FDIS database loading and exporting.
- Used ArcView and FDIS to prepare digital and hard copy maps for RIC standard reconnaissance level stream inventories (Phase 1-6) to meet Ministry standards.
- Conducted surface analysis on the Nechako Reservoir.
GIS Technician ( January – September, 2000)
Weyerhaeuser, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
- Provided GIS technical support for three full-time GIS technicians by assisting with data management and quality assurance of coverages and corporate database.
- Assisted with forest development plan block and mature timber operating area analysis for the six interior Timberlands Divisions.
- Acted as the primary technical support for the Operational Mapping System (OMS), a desktop mapping application built on PC ArcView used by all Timberlands Divisions.
- Responsible for data conversion of received OMS exports from the Timberlands Division of Okanagan Falls.
- Created special project maps and provided GIS mapping support by printing cutting permit, logging plan, silviculture prescription and forest development plan maps.
GIS Technician (May – December, 1998 and July – August, 1999)
EDI Environmental Dynamics Inc., Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
- Responsible for data management and quality assurance of GIS tables for interpretative stream inventory mapping; created layouts and printed maps for 1999 field season.
- Extracted and interpreted data from TRIM, Watershed Atlas, Biogeoclimatic mapping, Forest Cover files, Forest Development files, for project mapping and reporting.
- Interpreted field collected data and incorporated post processed points into GIS to meet industry and Ministry standards.
- Provided GIS mapping support; created layouts and printed maps for final reports and projects.
Geographical Information Systems Advanced Technical Diploma (Honours), 1999 – 2000
College of New Caledonia, Prince George, British Columbia
Fish, Wildlife, and Recreation Technical Diploma, 1994 – 1996
British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby, British Columbia
Associate Degree Arts (Geography focus), 1990 – 1994
Camosun College, Victoria, British Columbia
TECHNICAL AND OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS
GIS Software: ESRI ArcGIS ArcInfo (Desktop, Workstation), Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions, ModelBuilder, Arc Hydro Tools, DNR Garmin, ArcView 3.2, and MapInfo v4.5
Computer software: MS Office 2010, Adobe Captivate 5, CloudBerryLab, WebEx, WebDrive, FileZilla FTP Client, Virtual Nature Studio v2.5, World Construction Set v5.0, Reflection X, Citrix, FDIS v7.4, working knowledge of Oracle and SAFE FME.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP, UNIX
Languages: Python, AML, SQL, VB.NET, Avenue, HTML
Navigational: GPS (Garmin, Magellan), map and air photograph interpretation
- Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts Using Python, 2009
- Getting Started with LiDAR in ArcGIS, 2009
- Managing LiDAR Data in ArcGIS, 2009
- Using LiDAR Data in ArcGIS, 2009
- FLEX in a week, 2009
- Arc Hydro Tools, 2009
- ESRI Regional User Conference (Prince George, Penticton, Vernon, Kelowna), 2001-2009
- International ESRI Conference (San Diego), 2005, 2007